New York Makeup Bag

The time is almost here for our trip to New York and I am so excited. Amongst the many tasks I need to check off my list, one of the things I have already started working on is putting together my makeup bag. Now I don't usually wear makeup everyday and carry around a makeup kit in my bag, but because this trip consists of a very special occasion and a handful of events, I wanted to put a little something together just in case I felt like pampering myself up a bit and put on a bit of makeup.

When putting together this makeup bag, I knew that I wanted to include things that would actually look nice and work well with my skin. Thankfully, I already had a few things in my current collection but I did want to go out and buy some products that had amazing reviews and were of better quality than what I may have already had for that specific purpose.


Starting off with the base, a moisturizer is a must for me to have whether I am wearing makeup or not. Especially because of the super cold weather we have right now,  some areas of my face can get super dry and my skin can start to peel. The one that I have been using for a while now is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (and I've placed it into a little travel jar).

As for primer, I have been testing out the primers that I already had trying to find out which was the best one (because let's be honest I did not want to spend more money than I already did). In the end, I decided to go with the Pixi by Petra Flawless and Poreless Primer.

Now for foundation, I finally caved in and bought the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation. I have been wanting to buy this foundation ever since it came out and I heard the many good reviews on it, and I finally had an excuse good enough to convince myself to buy it. I got my shade matched at Sephora and ended up going with number 240. This is actually the first high end foundation that I bought and I am so excited to use it. I will definitely do a review on it later, after I've been able to use it for a while.

For the rest of my face, I am bringing my Bare Minerals Ready Blush in the shade the natural high, my BareMinerals Glimmer Eyecolor in the shade Queen Phyllis for my highlighter, and I also bought the Benefit Quickie Contour Stick. After testing out the concealer that I've had for a while now, I realized that I needed a better one. I'll be borrowing my mom's Maybelline Better Skin Concealer.

For the eyes, I will be bringing the Pixi x itsjudytime Eye Palette and my Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara. And for the lips I will also be using the Pixi x itsjudytime Lip Palette, the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Big Tease, and the Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

And to set everything, I bought the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder and I have my Too Faced Peach Blur Finishing Powder, my Milani Make It Last Setting Spray and my Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist.

The only thing left to do now is to stuff everything into my makeup bag. Here's to hoping it all fits. If you wanna see the look(s) I will be creating with these products while I'm in New York then let me know! Also, I would love to hear what your favorite products to bring are on your trips and some tips you have to keep the collection simple and compact. See you in the comments!

-

Let's be friends!
IG: @thetoniletters
Twitter: @thetoniletters
FB Page: Lifestyle Letters

Comments

Popular Posts