The Lanai: Teppanyaki Farmer

This past Saturday, my family and I attended a university open house. After two long hours of walking around the campus, going up to booths and getting information (and of course all the free goodies :P), it was time for lunch and we made our way to Ala Moana Shopping Center. Recently opening its doors this past October, we decided to try out the food being offered at The Lanai.

As we entered in at their parking entrance, we were instantly met with so many delicious smells and choices. Mostly providing food from Asian cuisine, we walked around to check out all of our options and ended up going with Teppanyaki Farmer. 

This vendor offered bowls, rolls, and wraps, all incorporating a generous amount of meat (such as kalbi, pork, or beef). They prepared dishes and cooked their food on a grill, right in front of customers who could see through the clear, glass windows. I actually already had a glimpse of this through a post I saw on instagram, and let me tell you, seeing it happen in real life with all the smells and smoke in the air lured me in to order food from them even more. (Just thinking about it as I write this post is making me so hungry hahaha).





With every order, you have the choice between white rice or brown rice (the menu actually said garlic rice instead of brown rice but I guess they didn't have any on the day that we visited). My sister and I decided to go with the Boneless Kalbi Bowl with egg ($10.95) and white rice, and it was topped off with garlic chips. My mom and other sister went with the Steak Roll  ($12.95) and brown rice, which is basically meat wrapped around little potato slices and it comes with salad on the side. 

My dish was so delicious and filling. The portion sizes were actually pretty generous and if you wanted to you could actually just split one order with someone else. 10/10 would come again.

If you ever come across a Teppanyaki Farmer, you should definitely stop by and try them out! And if you do, I would love to hear what you thought and what else from their menu I should try out next.

Comments

Popular Posts