The Lanai: Sobaya Japanese Noodle House




Another visit to Ala Moana Center called for another stop at the Lanai. My cravings were just so satisfied the last time we came here to eat that it was a no brainer for us to come back again and try out more of the options being offered to us. 

This time, we decided to eat at Sobaya Japanese Noodle House. This was actually the first restaurant we came across during the first time we visited the establishment. Udon is one of my favorite foods and I can't even tell you how happy I was to see that they had it on their menu. When ordering, you can choose between either soba or udon noodles. Then you can choose if you want it to come with big shrimp, kakiage, or beef. My sisters and I each got one of these things for $14 each (which was actually kind of surprising because at least two of us usually order the same thing hahaha). My parents then got a bowl that came with rice, shrimp, and other fried vegetables.


When we finally got our order, I could not wait to finally dig in to it. I was so surprised to see how gigantic the 'big shrimp' was! When I saw the name of this dish was 'big shrimp udon', I did not expect the shrimp to be as large as it was. They were definitely the most enormous shrimp I've ever seen.

I was not disappointed with the quality of food. This udon was delicious. I got the beef udon and it tasted so good. I have never tried udon with beef before but I am so glad I ordered this dish. I also got to taste the karaage and shrimp from my sisters' orders and it all just tasted so amazing.

Overall, Sobaya serves delicious, good quality dishes that are filling. This would definitely be a place I can come to every once in a while if I'm going out with friends or if there's a special occasion. However, if you're looking for a more affordable udon place, I would definitely recommend checking out Marukame Udon and there is also another udon restaurant in Ala Moana called Iyo Udon. Both are cheaper, provide more side options for additional price, and taste just as good.

-

Let's be friends!
IG: @thetoniletters
Twitter: @thetoniletters
FB Page: Lifestyle Letters

Comments

Popular Posts