Easy Homemade Cards ♡ || Mother's Day DIY

Another simple, yet meaningful thing you can give your mom this Mother's Day is a card. Your personalized and special message that you write are things that they could hold on to forever and reread on the days that they need it most. And what could make it even better than you creating a unique card yourself that no one except your mom would have to treasure.

This year I was inspired by a card that I saw at the store and I put my own spin on it using materials I already had at home (saving me money, which is a plus YAY). The materials I used are:

  1. Scrapbook Paper
  2. Acrylic Paint (I chose metallic gold)
  3. Paint brush 


First I decided to paint on the word mom (you can put whatever message you want), and I did about 3 to 4 layers to make it more defined and less opaque.



After letting the gold paint dry, I decided to use the tip of my paint brush to make little white confetti looking strikes to add more detail and decoration to the card. I also decided to use the same technique inside the card where I would write my message so that it did not look so plain.



This is the final product of the card I made and I love it so much. It turned out even better than the card I saw at the store, and it makes it even more special when I give it to my mom knowing that I put time and my love into making this card for her.  I can't wait for my mom to receive this on Sunday and make her day.

I would love to see or hear about the way you make your DIY card for your mom this Mother's Day in the comments down below or on social media. Thanks for reading. Until the next post. Never forget to be you! :)

Comments

  1. these are really cute, DIY things are always the best :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and yeah, they're so fun to make and it adds a personal touch to things :)

      Delete
  2. love this DIY, adds such a personal touch xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts