Terrariums || Mother's Day DIY


I think it's safe to say that most, if not all moms love receiving flowers and plants. Every mother has that special instinct to care for everything with such great love and dedication. One thing I want to give my mom this Mother's Day is a terrarium that I assembled myself. This is because I feel that it is something that can bring more life into the space that she works in, and being the busy mom she is that does everything to provide for me succulents are an easy plant to care for and maintain.

Surprisingly, I was able to find cheap materials that still made the whole gift look great as a whole. Here is the list of things I bought with their price, all from Walmart.

Materials:
Clear Vase Bowl - $1.11
Decor Rocks - $1.11
Succulents (3 plants in one pot) - $5.56



The first thing I did was create a bottom layer of rocks inside the vase. After trying these size rocks out, I would suggest you use the very small kind of rocks that are compact so that the soil does not fall through and cover up most of it.

Then I used some of the planting soil we had at home together with some soil from the pot of succulents I bought to create a second layer where the succulents will be replanted. Since I had a small vase, I ended up using only two of the succulents from the pot since they all could not fit in nicely.

After gently packing the succulents into the soil of their new home, I used the small rocks that were also included at the top of the pot of succulents I bought together with some of the bigger rocks I had to create a nice and final layer to my homemade terrarium.


The picture above is the final product of this DIY I tried out, and I absolutely love the way it turned out. I already gave it to my mom even though it's not Mother's Day yet since I couldn't keep it in my room hidden or it would die, and she loved it so much. 

What are some of the things you want to give or do for your mom this Mother's Day? I would love to hear your ideas in the comments down below. And if you try this DIY out, feel free to send me a picture to my email, or post it on social media and tag me (@reyestmarie). Thanks for reading! Until the next post. Never forget to be you! :)

Comments

  1. This is such a nice idea, I really like the way it turned out! Your mum will love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts