OOTW: New York

One of my most favorite parts about preparing for our trip to New York was definitely putting together all my winter outfits! This opportunity for me to dress with layers and for warmth only comes once in a blue moon, and believe me, I did not put it to waste. I had so much fun shopping for new pieces and imagining the different outfits I could walk the streets of New York in; I mean it is the fashion capital of the world. So here are the outfits that I managed to come up with...




Outfit #1: Starting off with my winter jacket (which is the one I'll be using this whole week), I got at Gap for only $30! It can be buttoned and/or zippered up, it has two pockets, and a removable fur lining at the top where a hood would go. I also got my scarf from Gap for only $10.

My top is a pink, cotton tank top that I borrowed from my mom. My paper bag pants are an olive green color and I got them at Forever 21 for under $20. My shoes are Tommy Hilfiger. I'm also wearing rings, the stacked rings are from my mom and the simple band ring is from Kolohe Ocean Gems.


Outfit #2: On our second day (first full day) in the city, I wore a simply outfit that consisted of a blank tank top, jeans from Charlotte Russe, and a chenille style cardigan that is also from Charlotte Russe. Of course on top of this, I wore my Gap jacket and for my shoes, the same white Tommy Hilfigers.


Outfit #3: For this third outfit, it was a little more out of my comfort zone. I wore a wide leg, navy blue, paper bag pants from Tommy Hilfiger (I got it on sale for only about $20!). I don't usually like wide leg pants and have always worn skinny jeans or shorts but I wanted to try something new for a change. Then for my top I wore just a simple white, long sleeve top and this heavy duty jean jacket that has wool collar that I got from my mom (and let me tell you, that jean jacket was HEA-VY!! not even kidding).


My mom, sisters, and I also wore matching pink hibiscus flowers that we bought at a local crafts store called Crafts Way. For my other accessories, I wore the same stacked rings from my mom, the simple band ring from Kolohe Ocean Gems which is also where I got the starfish ring that I remembered to use.


Outfit #4: This was my last 'official outfit' of the trip since it was our last full day. I wore a pair of asymmetrical white washed jeans from Gap (which I also got on sale for $15!) and a mustard, chenille style sweater from Target.


For my accessories, I wore the same rings, together with a tear drop shaped starfish earrings that matches my starfish ring, both from Kolohe Ocean Gems. My bag (which you probably already see is the one I used everyday) was a Christmas gift and it is from Aldo.


The only outfit that I didn't show was my gown for the wedding. I was not able to get a full body picture of my outfit and the partial pictures that I do have do not have good lighting. But if you want to see my makeup look and a get ready with me for the wedding, then check out my youtube video (linked below!) Thanks for reading! :)



-

Let's be friends!
Twitter: @thetoniletters


Comments

Popular Posts