New York Food Diary 2018

Amongst the many things that I already miss about the city, one of them has definitely got to be the food. With so many cuisines and restaurant recommendations to choose from, we got to taste so many delicious dishes that I have been craving for since the day that we left. So why not share the locations of where some of my favorite New York dishes come from... go on and treat yourselves and check these places out!

1. Ippudo (5th Avenue)

Starting off with the restaurant that was highly recommended to us by our family members, Ippudo is a Japanese ramen restaurant. Not usually being a ramen person (I'm definitely more into Udon), I didn't know how much I was gonna like their dishes here. But after taking a bite of their Akamaru Kasane ramen, I was hooked! Their ramen tastes so delicious with the flavors not being too strong or bitter. I love it so much that I almost ordered another serving of noodles to refill my bowl.






Amongst their many appetizers, we also enjoyed some edamame, fried chicken, and french fries. I am so bummed, however, that we didn't get to try their bao buns... I guess we'll just have to order it the next time we visit hehehe ;)




2. Eataly (Flatiron)

Up next is a restaurant that I LOVE and wish we had here. Amongst Eataly's many stalls is La Pizza and La Pasta where we went for a family dinner one night. If you know me, you know that pasta is my favorite food and this restaurant had so many unique choices that I've never tried before. Recommended by my cousin was the Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe which is what I ended up going for, and let me tell you, I could finish ten servings of that dish. It is made with very few ingredients (recipe here), but it just tastes so delicious and has become one of my favorites. I definitely went home that night content with my meal.


3. Tony di Napoli

And now for more pasta, pasta, and you guessed it, pasta. We went to Tony di Napoli who claim to serve some of the best Old New York Italian favorites (which was recommended by my dad's friends who we met up with for a day). The serving portions here are family sized so we got two main dishes and two appetizers to share. Make note that they say it's fit for two to three people, but I feel like it can feed even up to six adults. 


For our appetizers we got calamari and some stuffed mushrooms. These dishes tasted so good that I had to stop myself from filling myself up with them and save some room for the main course. This is where my calamari obsession began and since then I've been ordering it at every restaurant I see it at. 



For our entrees, we got the Black Linguine with seafood which was a squid ink pasta that our waiter recommended to us. It was my first time to ever try a dish like this and I was not disappointed. The noodles and the seafood were delicious, and the sauce wasn't tomatoey like I was expecting. We also got the Fettucini Alfredo with chicken (our safe dish that we always ordered in any restaurant, just in case we didn't like how the other one tasted). Both of these dishes were amazing. We had leftovers that we brought back to the hotel but because we did not have a microwave, we weren't able to eat it which I am so bummed about.



4. Levain Bakery

And lastly, from the few dessert we were able to try out, Levain's cookies are definitely at the top. These cookies are so tasty and chocolatey, we all couldn't keep our hands from getting more and more pieces out of the cookie bag. The day I start to crave these will be like torture because I won't be able to get my hands on them in a long while, but at least I have pictures to drool over for the time being hahaha.



And that's it for my New York food diary. Writing this post has definitely made me so hungry. But I do hope that you guys got some helpful insight into NY food spots from this and that you get to try out these dishes out for yourself soon. Happy eating! :)

-

Let's be friends!
IG: @thetoniletters
Twitter: @thetoniletters
FB Page: Lifestyle Letters

Comments

Popular Posts